FITS Party July 4th weekend in Pinetop
Normally Fun in the Sun (FITS) parties are held at someone's home with a pool...
BUT, this year we are going to Pinetop for fun in the sun, and the cool...
Your trip begins with finding lodging for whatever days you choose. The sooner, the better. If you know someone, now is the time to see if they want some company.
Friday July 1 If you will be there on Friday, meet up at 47th Pinetop Fine Arts & Crafts Festival at the Orchard at Charley Clark's, open 9-5 with food, drinks, music, lots for sale. They may have entertainment after, or we can retreat to the Lion's Den or other local hangout. FREE
Sat July 2
Annie & Dave will be playing music at the Munich Haus Saturday June 2 12-3. FREE
Meet at The Orchard at 4ish, we will gather those who want to go to the compound, so we are a group when we arrive. FREE
The Compound 5 PM until? This is a local happening every weekend in the summer. Bruce Van Ry's home turns into a block party. There are 2 stages, several bars, dance floor, and anyone is welcome. This is a BYO drinks, and appetizer to share. Bruce asks you for a donation to the band. It is not a fee collected, just a tip of your choice. After that, there will be music and dancing at the Orchard after the festival ends at 5. OR somewhere else that sounds good.
Sunday July 3
Meet at Woodland Lake Ramada x. There are various length hikes, bikes, and a lake for boating. FREE
Wanda Himler is having a happy hour BYO drinks and appetizers at her place. As expected, Wanda wants to go dancing after. FREE
Pinetop Lakes Golf & Country Club opens to the public for live music, dancing, drinking, eating, and just enjoying this beautiful setting for a gathering. Entry is free. Bring chairs or blankets, no food or coolers or pets. Free line dancing lessons from 3:30 – 4:30. Event runs until 7:30 PM. FREE
Monday July 4 in Show Low all FREE
9 AM country parade.
Freedom Fest with music 4:30, 6, and 7:30
9 PM fireworks
Monday July 4 in Pinetop
Brigitte is hosting either a happy hour at 5 with BYO drinks, and potluck dinner. From there, you could attend the fireworks in Show Low, or we can move on to some local entertainment. FREE
Lion's Den has free line-dancing lessons at 4 PM. FREE
Other FREE activities during our stay:
- Pinetop Fine Arts and Crafts Festival at the Orchard is open Friday & Saturday 9-5, Sunday 9-3.There is music and dancing.
- A drive up to Greer, especially if we get an afternoon rain (which is common in summer)
- A hike or 2, looking for a leader for a longer hike.I will book a Ramada at Woodland Park for an afternoon get together.The lake has multiple hikes that can be short or combined for any length trip, and water.Bring your boat, no motor. TBD but FREE
- Lots of choices for kayaking if we have enough interest.I need to know if you are bringing one or need to rent.
- Biking is also doable, but I need a leader.
- The casino has everything including entertainment.
Bear in mind that all these activities ARE FREE. If you want to PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP for any or all activities, contact Jill Winters 602-741-1191 AND LEAVE YOUR EMAIL.
If you want to join in a group dinner or other activity not on the list, let me know. You are the driver; I am the navigator. BUT REMEMBER... ALL IS FREE and VERY EXCITING!